Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Good Attitude Please...

As we continue to wait for the right person to offer the right amount for our home in England, I've often to fallen into an attitude of despair. When I do, I find that my general outlook on life and my walk with the Lord tends to suffer. One obvious way in which my spiritual life reflects my attitude is in my prayers. My 'prayers' sort of go like this: "Hey! Lord! What is taking so long?? Don't you see and hear that your servants Jeff & Cookie need you to bring about a buyer for their home!!" Instead of approaching the Lord with a spirit of humility I too often allow my flesh to drive the discussion (with God) and I approach Him with a "haughty spirit.' (I like that old King James phrase. It basically means that I think too highly of myself!)

I'm asking the Father for the right kind of attitude during this process. One that glorifies Him and doesn't inflate my own sense of self worth! Funny. I used to talk a lot and stress the importance of having a good attitude to my children; a lesson their father still needs to learn

It seems like every day we pack, sell, re-pack and give away items. Too many decisions. In the midst of all this, we continue to work full time jobs and maintain a pretty full social calendar.

Our move date remains the same. If we don't sell the house by then, we will rent to colleagues from our office.
Our family taking a break under the shade of an oak tree last spring.

Thanks for following...



No comments: