Friday, August 21, 2009

What does it mean to dream?

I hope to begin this blog spot with a positive and encouraging look into at least one aspect of dreaming. Of course, as I do I will certainly rely on my own experiences which would be barren of joy and beauty if I didn't write about the love of my life; Cookie.

I think dreams are glimpses of reality yet to be sensed. As Cookie and I look at our next phase in life we sometimes feel overwhelmed by it all. Almost as though we are lost in the shade created by trees in a great forest. But occasionally we come together (we are actually together most of the time!) and sort things out, get our bearings and once again the dream looks a little more doable; less foreboding.

For me, the most essential element to sensing a dream is to dream with someone. For 33 years, God has given me the opportunity to dream dreams with the most wonderful person on the planet. I couldn't possibly begin to take the steps necessary to make this dream a reality without this wonderful woman. What a joy and a pleasure the journey has become. Dreaming together is for me as rewarding as sensing the actual dream itself. For this privilege I will be eternally grateful.

Thus we continue...dreaming together,

--Jeff & Cookie.

No comments: