One of the things I've learned about myself over the years is just how much I am a 'visual' learner. Virtually every thought or idea that comes to mind is displayed (mentally) as an image. Directions, text and even conversations are sorted and referred to (at least in my pea-sized brain) pictorially. This is especially true when I am trying to work through a problem or have an idea to convey to someone else.
For example, I've been thinking a lot about building a weir across our little stream. In keeping with my principle of not doing or buying anything unless it will have a 'dual use' purpose, I thought that a water wheel atop the weir would be not only attractive but could function as a means to turn a small scale electricity generation system. So... my mind went to work which almost always translates into some kind of sketch or drawing. Here's the first draft of my design.
I hope you can see it. It would be helpful to know if this pic is unclear or unhelpful.
I'm sure it will go through many more iterations but I thought I would share the first with you.
More to follow (I hope).
--Jeff
2 comments:
I like it!!
Thanks Lav! I hope to make it a reality some day.
Post a Comment