Cookie and I just returned from visiting a WONDERFUL church in Kansas. We have such good friends there; all of whom share encouragement and enthusiasm for the vision of Restoration Farm. Such an encouragement!!
While at the airport in Kansas I was lifting my suitcase out of the trunk of a car and WHAM! my back went out. Such pain!! It continued to spasm all day and now 3 days later I'm still very tentative when I bend over and try to pick up even the slightest thing. Ironically, the trigger for this was something as simple as picking up a suitcase when I've worked on much heavier and more awkward things for the past several months here on the farm. Go figure.
Tomorrow is the start of the "Crewe Chicken Festival." Not quite sure what to expect but I'm hoping to purchase a few chickens while there. We will have some guests visiting us for the evening. I'm sure they will be able to handle the local down-home atmosphere of a local fare. I'll try to remember to bring the camera and post pics of the event.
Today I loaded up our 12 year old riding mower and took it to the repair shop. On first glance he was able to spot several irregularities. Not surprising. I just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to repair.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment